Friday, January 14, 2011

My love letter.

Ok, I don’t know if you remember me telling you about the love letter I got, but I’m going to elaborate on it now.  I’ll just start off by saying this: my love life sucks. I don’t know why. I think I am fairly ok looking and a nice girl who likes cool stuff. Maybe it’s because I spend all day at this place and I’m too tired to do much else? Whatever. I’m going to say that about 77.9% of my male interaction happens at work. If you saw the men that inhabit that place….shit.  Let’s just say I don’t get much eye candy. I enjoyed the day the firemen had to come though.  There are a few exceptions on occasion. Anyway, there was this young guy, like 3 years younger than me, who worked for the company that cleans our library. He was quiet and never talked to me. Well one day I my coworker slipped me this letter that he gave to her to give to me. I kept it for laughs and this is what it said word for word:
“Hello there I know this is weird and odd but I have to take drastic measures to find some friends here in texas lol. It would be quite hard not to try and be friends with you lol you seem like a really cool down to earth person not to mention a very beautiful one at that lol well neways I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try and be somewhat friends with you or something. I know this is a bit elementary schoolish writing u a letter but idk I dont see anything wrong with it haha. But yeah I’m _____ by the way that works for _____ in your library I should be noticeable lol I kinda stand out. And I’m too shy to actually talk to you I dnt want u to feel uncomfortable at least by writing you you can have the choice to ignore me or talk to me lol dnt worry either whatever you decide dnt feel bad it alright I just figured id try lol. Call or text me as soon as you read this. “
That’s it. First of all, I think there are like 5 periods in that whole letter. How many lols? Neways? What about the missing apostrophes and letters? I may sound mean, but bad spelling and grammar really turn me off.  This was a nice gesture though, and I do give him credit for that. I don’t like to just ignore people because that is rude. Plus, I saw him just about every day and it would be awkward if I didn’t acknowledge this. So, I texted him thanks for the letter, but sorry I had a boyfriend (LIE, but I have to use it often up here) and wasn’t interested. I told him we could be friends and he shouldn’t be afraid to talk to me. THIS WAS A HUGE MISTAKE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment