Sunday, January 9, 2011

Glorious days off.

So the way my schedule is that I work 10 days and have 4 days off. 10 days is a long time, and by the end of the stretch I am worn out. I live for those 4 days off. On those 4 days I can do whatever I want. It usually goes something like this: wake up sometime, drink lots of coffee, watch some tv episodes, maybe take a shower, eat, take a nap, read, drink more coffee, grocery shopping, maybe play some guitar, watch more tv, eat more, drink, go to bed. The best part is I can wear sweatpants doing all of this. If I have time, I usually think about cleaning my room and doing laundry. I usually decide against it. Occasionally I break from this cycle, but this is pretty standard.

I am just short of working full time, which sucks because all the full time people just got a raise. What did I get? Nothing. At least I get paid holidays, and if I have to miss a day my boss is pretty cool about it. I guess I get the sweet satisfaction of knowing I am helping the public with their intellectual development. That being said, some people also poison their minds with some ridiculous books I put out, so it's a fine balance.

Whatever. I do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment