Thursday, February 17, 2011

The big remodel

They are remodeling the children's area, and eventually the whole library. God knows we need it. This means a few things for me:
  • I can't put away most of my books so I'm exta bored.
  • Patrons keep asking me questions about it, then get mad when I tell them they can't go back there.
  • The fumes from the paint have reached my brain by now. 
  • I have to deal with the men that work for the city. Most are nice, but some are creepy and like to stare in that way that makes me feel super uncomfortable. They told me I need to come help them box up books. Um, no thanks.
Don't get me wrong, I like not having to do much, but when you're there as much as I am it gets kinda old. Plus, they are still working on something with the air at the civic center, so we have no cool air. It's soooo freakin' hot...like unsafe working conditions hot. If I have a heat stroke, could I sue the city?

No comments:

Post a Comment