Friday, May 20, 2011

Blast off!!!

So yesterday I had this build your own bubble rocket program. It was supposed to be for teens but I had young kids show up. I wasn't gonna turn them away because I'm sure their parents just dumped them there. So I gather my supplies and we go into the room. There are 2 little boys that start whispering to each other. Then they ask me how old I am and if I have kids and stuff. Then they asked for my phone #. I had to laugh. We build our rockets out of film canisters and paper and take them outside. We dropped in the alka-seltzer tablets to make the bubbles that were supposed to shoot the rockets up. It kinda worked, but it was really windy. I was like fuck it, we're just gonna shoot them off inside. So we did. We got water all over the tables and it was awesome. Their little sister wanted to go home with me and she wanted my # too so she could call and talk to me. I felt kinda bad. With the kids I work with, you never know what their home life is like. At least they liked me and we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment